Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Before I start talking about this trip I just wanted to say thank you to Zach, Andrew, and Amanda for visiting!  We've had a great time walking around the city, eating lots of italian food, and spending time together half way around the world!

I'm going to skip a few places I've visited, since you will all see the pictures when I get home anyway.  This will be my last post, it was my favorite place to visit.  Capri is an island off of the Amalfi coast of Italy, it is known for the very expensive designer shops, extremely expensive housing, and of course the views and  landscape.  We stayed in a 4 star hotel and were treated (compared to what is normal here) a kings and queens.  I had a porch off of my room with a beautiful view, beach chairs and the works.  The orange house that you will see in the pictures is called "Casa Malaparte"  it was originally build by a famous italian writer.  The current owner of the house doesn't let anyone visit the property (including Tom Cruise) aside from CUA, because of one of our professor's relationship with them.  The water wasn't too cold, we ended up swimming a couple times but usually not for too long because of all the jelly fish.  We wanted to take a boat tour around the island, but we didn't want to go with a huge group of people.  We found a local with a small boat that was willing to take me and a couple of friends around the island and into the caves.  That's enough for now, I'll tell you more about it when I get home.  Enjoy the pictures!

boat ride to Capri

Marina Grande

shoreline

from Carpi City center


typical coastline

one of a few islands around the main island


Casa Malaparte

Casa Malaparte

one of 3 beaches at the hotel


sailor sculpture from the boat

Casa Malaparte from the boat

Marina Picola and our hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment